Monday, March 03, 2008

Things I learned this weekend

I learned that sometimes you hurt the ones you love the most, even tho they may still love you, it still doesn't make it okay. I learned that selfishness caused me to miss what could've been some of the best years of my life. I learned that it's okay to be ashamed or feel guilty of something from the past because that's not who I am now. I learned that I can speak openly and freely as long as when I speak openly and freely I am honest with whom I am speaking to and with myself. I learned that although you can't change the past, when someone is very special, you can move forward. I learned how much pain can be caused by just not being there. I learned that everyone makes mistakes and that I am not alone. I learned that you can't plant the seed and return to see the blossom and understand the journey it took to get there. I learned that it was a hard struggle for someone to be able to forgive and move forward. Yet, because they have, my heart is lighter. I learned someone had to be stronger at an early age than I'd ever been in my entire life. I learned that I am lucky to know such a person and to have them back in my life. Oh, and I also learned that someone in my life is really impressed with the chili cheese fries at Olivers...I love you

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Don that was pretty heavy and heart felt.It could almost be your next song.I sure hope that the person or persons that your speaking about know how over the years you've seemed to only get better.Your like a fine wine. Take care,Lori

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 87% Grown Up, 13% Kid
Your emotional maturity is fully developed, and you have an excellent grasp on your emotions. In fact, you are so emotionally mature - you should consider being a therapist!
How Emotionally Mature Are You?