Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Chantix and dreams

I'm in the process of quitting smoking...or at least trying to, and my doctor prescribed Chantix. This is supposed to curb your appetite for nicotine from what I understand from the doctor. I've been smoking for a very long time so it doesn't seem to be helping, but I'm not giving up. I tried Zyban years ago and it only made me smoke more, tried the hypnotism and lit one up on my way out the door from the session. A former boss even offered me $500 to quit. Let's face it, I'm addicted, it's a way of life for me, be it a bad habit, I've been smoking for the better part of my life. I have managed to cut down quite considerably tho. I no longer smoke at work and have made a few other adjustments. Like I said, I won't quit trying to quit.
Back to the topic. Chantix. Since I've been taking this, I have been having the most vivid dreams. I haven't been able to remember my dreams in years. It's nice to have that back. So regardless if I'm able to quit or not, I would still like to keep taking the Chantix...I'm addicted to dreaming. LOL. I've had derams anywhere from jamming in a band with my favorite hockey player to taking my nerdy friends to a Rob Zombie like circus. What's really strange is that over the past few weeks I have somewhat been able to control them too. What happens is that for some reason I'll realize that I'm in a dream and start directing what I would like to happen. Talking about living in a fantasy world where you can do whatever you want, this is it. I know that I'll eventually have to stop taking the Chantix but hopefully I won't lose the dreams in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 87% Grown Up, 13% Kid
Your emotional maturity is fully developed, and you have an excellent grasp on your emotions. In fact, you are so emotionally mature - you should consider being a therapist!
How Emotionally Mature Are You?