Sunday, April 08, 2007

From The Nuge To Berries?

I had this dream.
I was hanging out at this local bar with some friends. We were having a few drinks while watching the band when the owner comes up to me and says he has to talk to me in the back room. I had known the owner for over 10 years and had been a regular patron in his club along with playing for his establishment in a couple different bands. Anyway, we go back into his office and he tells me to sit down. I say "Okay, what's up?" That's when he told me that Ted Nugent was in his club last week and he was looking for a bass player. He said that he had recommended me to Ted and hoped that I didn't mind that he gave him my number. I told him , of course I didn't mind, and thanked him but told him the chances of me getting a call from Uncle Ted was pretty slim to none. To my surprise, I actually did hear from Ted and he invited me out to audition for his next tour. After the audition, Ted told me that he was pretty satisfied with what I was playing and told me I needed to be ready to start touring by the end of the following week. So I worked hard and was ready. We did a few shows and I was feeling pretty confident when he came up to me and said, "If you want to stay in the band, there's only one more thing you have to do" Like I said, I was feeling pretty confident and told him I was up for the challenge. He said to meet him the next day on his ranch.
The following morning I show up and there he is in all his hunter garb. He said I would have to hunt and kill a deer. First let me say, I'm not a hunter but I have no problem with people that do as long as they use all of what they kill. Anyway, I told him I would try and asked him for his shot gun. He shook his head no. I then asked for the bow and arrow. Again he shook his head no. I then asked for his knife. He still was shaking his head no and said that I would have to kill the deer with my bare hands. That's when I woke up. I was unable to return to that particular dream, so I don't know if I'm still in the band or not. But it did make me wonder about how much more of a fighting chance these animals would have if we were only allowed to fight with our bare hands. I'm not trying to advocate anything. I like the rules the way they are and would probably starve if it weren't for the hunters and farmers and such. Love my meat and potatoes. And for those of you that choose to be vegetarians, that's your right to choose that. I'm just saying that I don't think I could kill a deer with my bare hands and would probably be eating berries for the rest of my life. Of course I have starting fishing over the past couple years so it would be berries and trout for me. Unless....Hey Ted ..Call me

1 Comments:

Blogger mangadezi-jr said...

i likes me some venison.... kill a deer with your bare hands? yeah, right!! hahahaha... i can barely kill them with a rifle as it is...

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 87% Grown Up, 13% Kid
Your emotional maturity is fully developed, and you have an excellent grasp on your emotions. In fact, you are so emotionally mature - you should consider being a therapist!
How Emotionally Mature Are You?